'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, November 18, 2016

CHOICES

















Dishonesty will make you sink
Make choices that will cause you grief
You cared about what others think
Now you come to me for relief?
You want to talk your troubles out
On empathy, you make demands
It's funny how you seek me out
And praise how much I understand

You said there was too much of me
I'd be fine if I'd lose a few
Me--Miss Congeniality
A friend; not good enough for you
You thought the superficial one
Would up your cred among your friends
How fitting you're in Hell at home
Those issues never seem to end

Don't look back now. You made your bed
The time I wasted makes me weep
You had me once, but now that's dead
 I vet the company I keep
Your protest is a bit too late
Am I supposed to be impressed?
Was there ever real loyalty
Were your words all spoken in jest?

I've no opinion of the way
You look for chances to be gone
Explain again, now, why you stay?
Excuses just go on and on
I don't care that you're suffering
No thought of that before you tried
To boast, your picture perfect life
Would make your deepest needs subside

My shoulder's long since been retired
It's not available to you
Being sad, and trapped, and mired?
Results of what you chose to do
Don't look back, now. You made your bed
The time I wasted makes me weep
You had me once, but now that's dead
You chose the company you keep

You chose
You're sorry for your choice
You chose
You wanna hear my voice?
You chose
Take your choice somewhere else!
You chose
And now, I choose myself

You chose
Yes, it hurt a while
You chose
Somehow, I have my smile
You chose
Get on back over there
My heart won’t trust you anywhere

vrw ©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment