'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Monday, March 25, 2024

MONDAY THOUGHTS: POETRY PROMPT




CENTRAL AVE.


I don’t know where you are going

It doesn’t matter to me

What I see, is a lot of impatience

In these post-pandemic streets

Riding my tail just like Wile E.,

Sniffing around like a hound

What we really don’t need is more cowbell

(That’s how your silly horn sounds)


Raging, like 'roids were your breakfast

Ignoring speed limit signs

Racing from red light to red light

Thinking you left us behind

Exactly what is your hurry?

Wouldn't it be best if we

All arrived where we are headed

Safely, and all in one piece?


Sorry you see me, a stranger

As your new enemy

Sorry my pace so annoys you

As you fly past, angrily

I'll just keep hugging this right lane

I see you've tried them all out

Hooray! 

It seems, someone else saw you

As you were weaving about


We meet again, as I pass you

This time, you're at a full stop

Searching for your registration

That guy you sped by, was a cop


How much time have you saved, now?

My, how the tables have turned!

Idling there on the side of the road

Contemplating the laws you have spurned


We'll get to our "there" before you

Perhaps the ticket you've earned

Will slow you a bit

It would be a big switch 

From the amount of rubber you've burned


Maybe it will end your predilection

To aim, as opposed to steer

Use your auto as some kind of weapon

Other drivers are supposed to fear











No comments:

Post a Comment