'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

TUESDAY THOUGHTS


"...the people became impatient because of the journey." ~Numbers 21:4b


"It's a painful thing to be doubted; your integrity disrespected...Have you ever been working hard to please somebody that's never satisfied? No matter what you do, it's never enough? They look past everything you did and find something wrong?...Sometimes, when people disrespect your best effort it makes you angry..." ~T.D. Jakes

"There is an old saying that one shouldn't try to defend oneself against slander; your enemies won't believe you anyway, and your friends don't need to hear your defense." ~Nicholas DiFonzo

“Respect has gone out of style…It’s good to have respect. It’s good to have honor…I don’t talk to God just any kind of way. I don’t talk to old folk just any kind of way…Honor doesn’t mean that I always agree with you. It’s doesn’t mean that you’re perfect. It doesn’t mean that you’re always right. It just means I’m respecting what I’m becoming…I respect age ‘cause I’m aging…" ~T.D. Jakes

 
"It’s nearly impossible to harbor evil thoughts or to backbite against someone we are praying for." ~Frank Myrland

"…I bet you at least 50% of the troubles you have gone through in your life have come as a result of things that have come out of your mouth.  When are we gonna learn that once you say something, you can’t take it back? When are we gonna learn to shut our mouths? The power of life and death is in the tongue…I want that to sink in…We’re killing our marriages with our mouth; we’re killing our children with our mouth; we kill our ministries with our mouth; we kill our careers with our mouth; we lose our jobs with our mouth, we fall out with people that God sent in our lives to bless us-- with our mouth; God opens doors that we close with our mouth…the first thing that we’ve gotta learn to do is shut up…You have been snared with the words of your mouth. If you would shut your mouth, the devil wouldn’t have anything to work with!…Why do we bark everybody away, and then cry because they’re gone? You’re killing yourself. Shut your mouth!….If your mouth got you in trouble, it’s gonna take your mouth to get you out…Don’t let your mouth get so arrogant that you can’t change…If you’re bold enough that you just got to keep it real, well, keep it real when you’re wrong Keeping it real don’t work just ‘cause you flip out on me. Keeping it real is when you flip out on yourself and say, “I have been running my mouth, and I am sorry…" ~T.D. Jakes

"So what do you do when a friend or respected colleague asks you for private information she knows you possess? It’s a perfect opportunity to speak your truth: “Asking me for that information puts me in an awkward position, as you’re someone I respect and care about. Yet, sharing this information makes me uncomfortable, as I need to keep my word to keep it confidential. I hope you respect that if you asked me to keep something private, I would honor your request as well.” Your ability to protect confidential information increases the trust others place in you..." ~Colette Carlson



"…You’ve got to be a big person to be a leader. See, because if you’re not careful, you’ll get bitter over what they did to you, and then when it’s time to pray for them you’ll be saying, “Bite ‘em again, Lord!…get his other foot!...I hope he bites you in your eye...!"...’cause you’re human.  Just because you’re right, doesn’t give you the right to be evil…You’ve got to open your heart, and open your spirit and pray for the very person who tried to sabotage your life…You’ve been bitten, but you’ve not been beaten…Get that out of your head…God’s got something for you to do…Let Hell know you’re alive! Let the devil know you’re alive!...The very thing that bit you, is the very thing that God is going to use to heal you…Your ministry is made out of your misery…God will take the thing that was working against you and use it to work for you to the point that you will say, “It was good that I was afflicted…It was good that I went through that test…The only thing that He needs from you is that you change your outlook…God’s going to use that thing that bit you to bless you…If you’ve been bitten, you oughta get happy...You’re gonna get it done, because you’re back to looking at HIM...”~T.D. Jakes

"Think before you speak. Before you repeat something you’ve heard about another person, think: Does this really do any good for me to spread this information, or am I just trying to be in the know? Is the information even true? Could I be hurting someone by telling this, even if it’s true? 
If the person you are talking to is not part of the problem, or part of the solution, there’s no need to tell them anything." ~Dawson McAllister

 

No comments:

Post a Comment