'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

POETRY PROMPT: GRATEFUL




All of those wishes to start over
I lay aside today
If I changed even one thing
Who says that I would be okay?
Who says things would be better
If I went back to square one?
Who says I won’t be frowning--drowning
When the day is done?

I just have to be more grateful
For the way that things turned out
And trust that the great God I know
Knows what my life's all about
And that he’s guiding my steps, and
Planning every lesson taught
So I go to my mind and
Kick out those doubtful thoughts 
I thought

That discouragement that caused me
To fear, and feel alone
I should know by now—shame if I don’t
My life is not my own
No need to seek a reward or appreciation, so
I put one foot in front of the other
And will myself to go
And I won’t fear what’s outside
I have not one regret 
I wanna see how things play out
'Cause it's not over yet
                                                              
I won’t turn back
I won’t give up
I won’t quit
I won’t sit down
In spite of everything that’s happened
No, I won’t turn around

It’s really all been worth it
And I see more signs today
That I’m safe and I’m secure--
Stronger, smarter, 
Now, I’m safe



VRW ©2018

No comments:

Post a Comment