'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, March 4, 2018

SUNDAY THOUGHTS: EYES OPEN


Caring can be a hazard sometimes. 

Someone said "No good deed goes unpunished." 

In spite of the hazards, discomfort, sacrifice, and disappointment, however, you declare without a doubt, that if you were given the opportunity to do a thing all over again, you would. The only difference would be, you'd make sure that all of the pieces of your armor were on---and on the proper places.

Something motivated me to visit Youtube and find an inspirational clip to watch. I heard these words spoken by Bishop T.D. Jakes, 
"You'll be hard pressed to find a miracle that's not related to a misery...You can't have a miracle without a misery." 

I thought about how true his words were. The past few months have been miraculous in a way, and there were times that could have been comforting and peaceful, but they were infected by antagonism and thoughtlessness.

I clicked on another video and heard, 
"Do you know how many people we have killed with conjecture?...Shooting at people with our glasses off... We will mess up people with false justice 'cause we are in a blurred stage...Everybody in here got a blurry spot...Everybody's got something that makes them pray, that makes them humble...People change on the inside and you can't even tell...You have to want to see..."

I wondered if my biggest problem, at times, was refusing to see what was right in front of me. 
The things I see now, some shocking; some puzzling, are not blindsiding me. I knew--and was even warned--I just didn't want to see. 

I thought about what my aunt said to me several months ago, "Now that your eyes are open, keep them open"

Another video offered this gem:
"Experience teaches you to respect certain situations because you have seen the outcome of what could, and could not happen...you have a greater sensitivity to the possibilities that you were blinded to before...once you experience it, you learn to be careful...grateful...thankful..." ~T.D. Jakes

No comments:

Post a Comment