'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, December 24, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I don't think I've ever felt so peaceful
I don't think I've ever been more clear
And how nice that my epiphany came
On a revered day of the year
A day when behind the joy
We forget that rejection was there
Injustice took place
Compassion was gone
And though room was made, it was spare

When I think of The Child it reminds me
We all had to begin somewhere
And our purpose, if we ever find it
May not be welcome everywhere
He knew why He came, and continued
Not missing a step or a cause
He did what was good all his life and
All without noise or applause
And still fault was found, he was slandered
Made to suffer for nothing he'd done
That Child who came simply to save us
To redeem and love everyone
 If he had to suffer than why not
Rejoice like his word often says
In spite of whatever befalls us
Shun sadness and be strong instead

He said "Have no fear. Who can hurt you?"
Who can take you out of my hand?
And so I remember his promise
And this peace I cannot understand
Will carry me throughout this night
And comfortably into the next day
For the rest of my life I'll be thankful
And with faith continue to say
"No weapon formed to hurt or harm me
Will prosper, and so I rejoice"
As the smile on my face grows wider
And the strength comes back to my voice
I'll sing of the Child, the Redeemer
Who's the reason I'm happy and free
Who speaks to my heart even now and
Will sing over me as I sleep.

vrw 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment