'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TOO HOT TO HANDLE

First thing that Monday morning, I told myself, "That's it. No more late night Tostitos...or black beans doused with hot sauce...mixed with dirty rice." I didn't realize how violently I had been awakened from my sleep, until I went back into my room. The covers were practically on the floor. My spicy choices of food apparently didn't like the living arrangements in my stomach as I slept. They assaulted my poor little esophagus, and caused me to bolt out of bed a lot faster than even I thought I could move. I'm grateful that my body is working the way it's supposed to. It showed me just who is in charge, and reminded me that I am no longer in 5th grade. I totally enjoyed the hint of lime Tostitos that I chased down with Rock Creek ginger ale. Problem was, I enjoyed way too many of them at THE wrong time of day. Gonna make changes. Gotta make changes-- including cutting back on the atomic fireballs and red hot jawbreakers that I love so much. Fact is, that you can scare yourself to death while brushing your teeth when you see the bright red spit coming out of your mouth as a result of eating too many fireballs. I know. I'll tell myself. Grow up. I love my Frito-Lay, occasional shakes of hot sauce, and my old school candies, (Lemonheads, Hot Tamales), but do they love ME any longer? Sure they do. Just like anything else--in moderation...: )

No comments:

Post a Comment