'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, June 24, 2010

THERE'S A LESSON IN THERE SOMEWHERE

I looked out of the window and saw a bird attempt to land in the crown of a tree. Apparently the limb it chose weighed less than the bird, because it bent surprisingly low. The bird seemed to be startled. When he quickly flew off of it, it snapped back like an overextended rubber band. Had the bird been in the path of the retracting limb, I'm sure it would have sent it sailing. The bird furiously flapped it's wings in mid air for a few seconds as if to ask the limb, "What is your problem?" It then flew to a lower portion of the tree and chose a branch that could hold it. As I watched, I felt that familiar feeling that there was a lesson in it all that I have to learn, or will soon be able to apply.

Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment