'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, June 4, 2010

FREE INDEED: Compiling my poems

I think I've found every slip of paper, and old journal, and notebook entry. I'm going to compile every poem I've ever written. I have a feeling the book will be a lot bigger than I thought.
I like the shutterfly.com templates for photobooks. I can add art to each poem. I'm pretty sure that I have a picture to accompany each one. I've always liked to write. It'll be fun and fascinating to see everything bound in one book.
This was written in the summer of 2000:

HIS SONGS

Within me is all the power I need
It was placed there by a mighty hand
That I might be victorious in all things
That I might rise
Above anything that
Threatens to overtake me
That I might have a tremendous testimony-
Not to keep to myself
But to empower someone else
To seek the source of my strength
Within me are His songs
So rich with His words
Hidden deep in the most secret place
Of my heart
Where nothing and no one
Can destroy them
The only unbroken place
The place I fight to maintain
His words are life to me
And so,
His songs are that much more precious


vrwc2000

No comments:

Post a Comment