'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Saturday, November 11, 2023

QUARANTINE LIFE: SATURDAY THOUGHTS: SHARING ART AND MUSIC


I’ve believed in the dreams of a lot of people. I have a few of my own, that could use that same enthusiasm...lol
Why is it so nerve wracking, though? Is it insecurity, fear, or fear of disinterest, or rejection?

My Dad once said, (after he found out about something I’d done, from someone else who had been in attendance), “Did you TELL anybody? Why you ain’t say something? 
Of all the things I’ve said, “Don’t toot your own horn” is the one you remember and follow the most? I think you took it too far.”

Whether it’s visual art or music, I’m still wrestling with the apprehension to share. 
I think the atmosphere of the pandemic helped, but there's always that weird little twinge after I press "send", or "post". 
How many times have I said how subjective Art is? 
A friend said, “You just gotta put it out there, and see what happens.”

There were lots of audio files living on my dinosaur of a laptop. A message on the beautiful blue screen read, “Your Windows 7 PC is out of support”. 
Sheesh. 
Some professional.
It’s painfully slow, and sounds like a tractor, as it struggles to follow commands, but I keep the old Dell because it has a CD burner. My Chromebook just rolls it’s eyes at it, but I needed them both.

There were essays, digital art, and poems that I’d written—one in 2009, and another in 2012. I’d had a chance to play around with them, thanks to encouraging musician friends, and see how they translated into song. I’d never really shared them, though. There was also a hymn that I’ve loved since childhood. I'm pretty sure we sang it almost every Sunday.

A radio interview on SmoothRadioa21 last week, prompted me to retrieve the songs, and google how to convert WMA and WAV files to mp3s. It took a while, but it was easier than I thought, thanks to Online-Convert

I uploaded it to SoundCloud a while back, but for the first time ever, “Just To Sing A Song” was played on the radio--broadcast from Louisville, Kentucky--and now, thanks to TuneCore, it, and three others are streaming on music platforms like Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify .

Thanks MJ and Maurice.

Just click on the links to listen and/or purchase and download, if you like.🙂


Just To Sing A Song

Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus

Make It Home

We’re Together





#musichelps

#musicheals

#musicdistribution

#bebrave 

#believeinyourself 




No comments:

Post a Comment