'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, November 27, 2022

QUARANTINE LIFE: SUNDAY THOUGHTS


I was reminded of a day, a few years ago, when I was out walking with a group, and the most beautiful blue butterfly appeared. You know. The kind of amazing creature that makes you keenly aware of how creative and awesome God is. The kind of thing no amount of manipulation of art supplies can capture. It was the kind of vision that makes you say things like "Oh my! Look at you!", as if the butterfly can understand your admiration, blush, and say thank you.

We all grabbed our phones. "Hi pretty butterfly!" We were like little kids (except for the running I would have been doing to catch it when I WAS a kid). 

I guess it just wanted us to appreciate it; put the phones away and experience it. It was as if it was playing with us. None of us got a good, clear shot--even after snapping bursts. 

It didn't fully spread its wings, and let us see all of the even MORE beautiful details of itself, until we put our phones down and just paid attention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment