'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, May 22, 2022

QUARANTINE LIFE: TELEVISION

I was feeling some kind of way when I tuned in to MEtv and “The Andy Griffith Show” was nowhere to be found. Watching something funny at the end of the day had become a habit. My Dad suggested it. “Find something to laugh at; lift your spirits. You don’t need to be down before you go to bed.”

He’d faithfully watch “Everybody Loves Raymond”  every night. I found his suggestion to be excellent advice, so when I realized MEtv had been replaced by startTV, I was disappointed…at first. Yeah. I’m sure I’ve seen every episode of the antics in Mayberry hundreds of times over the years, but like any good comedy, it still holds up. The laughs are still strong. To say I’m a fan,  would be an understatement. I can, however, break out the VCR if I ever have a hankering to binge.

I must say, though, I’m pleased with what I’ve seen on this newbie network, startTV. I’d clearly slept on shows like “Any Day Now”, “The Closer”, “Medium”, “Touched By An Angel”, and “The Ghost Whisperer”—the latter is, surprisingly, not nearly as terrifying as the title suggests. “Any Day Now” is giving “This Is Us/ the new iteration of “The Wonder Years” vibes. (I wonder why it ended?) 

I guess something good came out of my post-booster lack of energy. I forced myself to get up and bake two sweet potato pies yesterday, but that was the extent of my activity. If my arm had a butt, that jab is kicking it, and I really don’t feel like doing anything except rest. I’m grateful that I can.

Looks like today is going to be another lounge-fest of guzzling water, and watching the rather impressive TV fare that I missed.


































No comments:

Post a Comment