'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, May 19, 2022

QUARANTINE LIFE: BOOSTER

 








A reminder from my daughter
A gift from an old friend
A little bit of soreness
That I’m hoping will soon end
A seat inside a building
Ain’t done that in a while
A tragedy still looming
A mask hiding my smile
Anxiety was waning
Kindness has a way
Of easing any worries 
And rescuing the day

The competence of strangers 
Who only want to help
In spite of what’s on their own plates
They’re helping someone else

Yesterday, so thirsty
Sleepier than woke
Today, a little chilly
Hot soup seemed like a joke
But, glad I got it over with
December was the time
I showed up for my booster
Heard every name but mine
I wasn’t going anywhere 
So I simply forgot 
Then, wisdom said, “Just go ahead
Whether you mix or not

But better late than never
Is a whole year too late?
I’ll hydrate, nap, and munch on snacks
That I appreciate. 

Now, does this mean I’m ready
To tell Covid “Kick rocks!”
‘Cause just today, I heard them say
Prepare for monkey pox.😳

No comments:

Post a Comment