'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TUESDAY THOUGHTS: PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER


My friend, pianist, writer producer, and worship leader Kim Jordan, phoned a few months ago, and asked if I could visit her studio for a session. She said she was working on a new track. 

I always know it's going to be an adventure at Kim's studio. She always has a particular sound or concept in her head--something outside of the boundaries of your comfort zone--and I can count on recording take after take. 

She's one of those people who is so confident that you can do a thing. Just when you're ready to quit, or recommend someone else, she's got a swift, "You can do it. I know you can. It's in there. I know you've got another one." 

I had a great time at the studio. I've learned over the years that I could stay all day in the booth of a recording studio. I feel free, safe, and love the creativity.

I recently got to hear what Kim did with the vocals I recorded. I remember her saying, "I just need you to holler"
I laughed. 
I was a little tired that day, but happy for the opportunity to sing and scream a while. 
I have to admit it was a bit therapeutic; quite a stress reliever.

I know now that it's difficult to sing when you let too much time go by without using that muscle. I appreciate Kim for allowing me to, in her words, "just go"...lol

The song is upbeat and fun, and her skill on the keyboard is phenomenal.
 
Whether you need to put your hands together and clap, or pray, I think it will put a smile on your face--and dancing in your feet.
 
 "Put Your Hands Together Like This" is available for download at Itunes 
 and Amazon

#peoplestillwantgoodmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment