'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, September 22, 2016

POETRY PROMPT: NOW FAITH


Yesterday's faith
Left a lot to be desired
Yesterday's faith
Couldn't move a thing if it tried
Yesterday's faith
Was essentially missing
No wonder I wasn't getting
The things I desired!

But I read, 
If a seed
So much smaller than me
Could envision what it would become,
Surely I could believe
That mountains would move--
Be cast into the sea
Just 'cause I told them to
It's by faith the impossible's done


Yesterday's faith
Always wavered and faded
Disappointed, I'd say 
"That wasn't for me"
Yesterday's faith
So unsure, and so fearful
Couldn't pluck a speck
Much less a sycamine tree

Down on my knees
I cried and prayed
I asked for more faith
Heard the Spirit say
"I gave you the measure
to sustain you for life.
Oh, if you knew
How much I have for you!
Get off of your knees
Child, just believe
If you want to know how,
The faith you need is NOW"

NOW faith
It is the substance
Of everything I hope for
It is the evidence
Of things that You’ve promised--
Even though I can't see it,
I must surely believe it
It's long overdue 
For NOW faith to commence

NOW faith is the stuff 
Wrapped up in the heart of
Everything I can possibly dream of
It's not for me 
To figure out how
So I've traded in Yesterday faith
For NOW




vrw ©2009

No comments:

Post a Comment