'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FEBRUARY FOURTEENTH


I walked into the house on Valentine's Day
"Divorce Court" was on the TV
I stopped in my tracks
Laughed out loud, dried my eyes
And thought, "Things aren't as bad as they seem!"
No, things aren't as bad as they seem!

The lump in my throat that was there when I rose
Had suddenly faded away
The Enemy thought he'd depress me, but no--
I had the most fabulous day!
It was really a fabulous day!

I'd dressed up myself, went out into the world
Felt the Sun, braved the cold, and I smiled
Had to admit, it felt good being me
Hadn't felt quite like that in a while!
Hadn't felt quite like that in a while!

No, there were no huge flowers, or boxes of treats
Just the truffles I bought for myself
No plan for the evening, no candlelight setting
Just me loving me, nothing else
Just me loving me, nothing else

Been alone all the other days of the year
So what's different about this one day?
Is it just what I say when I'm fighting back tears?
Is it how I chase Lonely away?

If it's Saturday, Tuesday, or Thursday, I know
There is so much I can celebrate
I am loved, and adored, and as long as I've breath
Every day will be a special day

Be it fourteenth of February, or June one
I'm content, and sweet peace can be mine
See-- my happiness hinges on what's happening
But joy I can have all the time!
Yes, joy I can have all the time!

VRW c2009

1 comment:

  1. I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.
    I'd like for you to add a follow wedgit to this site so I could follow you as well.

    ReplyDelete