'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, April 21, 2011

WAKING THOUGHTS

Thank you, Lord...: )

Aspirin. Elevation. Rubbing alcohol. Ahh. My feet and ankles look like my own again, and not my dear departed grandmother's. I should have gotten up and walked during the flight home. I thought I'd done the leg lifts and ankle circles often enough. I realize now how valuable it is to know the aircraft and where the best seats are. The return flight seat was a great one...: )

I'm so proud of my daughter. I admire her sense of service. Up early to volunteer at a non-profit before going to work. God bless her.

Yogurt, plums, strawberries and grapes. Oops. That's right. They're in a refrigerator in Germany. This is YOUR refrigerator. You're home now. There is a variety of tasty things to eat, and for that I'm grateful.
Note to self: Buy some fruit and yogurt.

I feel refreshed. It's early. I'm awake. Have been since 6:00 AM. I wonder how long this early waking will last. It's kind of nice, though. The sunshine is so encouraging.

I haven't heard a siren or the sound of traffic outside my window in 7 days. I kind of miss seeing the tall pine trees and beautiful Rhineland-Palatinate landscape already, but the lush green grass and cherry blossoms and flowers I now see in my neighborhood are beautiful.

I think I'll rest today...at least until it stops feeling like the crack before the crack of dawn. Jet lag...whew. Laundry all bagged and ready to go. Hair needs attention...Come on, burst of energy...

God took note, and blessed your life with people of integrity. Don't allow past disappointment to so disable your ability to distinguish them, that you lump them in with the slick, the self-serving, and the shady. Treasure those who don't just talk about it, but DEMONSTRATE just how much actual value they place, not only on your time, effort, and talent, but YOU as an individual---and don't stop there. Always note AND emulate their unselfishness, consistency, and sense of fairness and appropriateness in YOUR dealings with others.

Lovely day already.

No comments:

Post a Comment