'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, April 4, 2024

THURSDAY THOUGHTS


I keep my old Dell Latitude D630 laptop because it has a working, yet wonky, CD burner, and my favorite version of Microsoft Paint. Windows 7 reminds me every time I do manage to log on, that it is no longer providing support, so I’m on my own. 

Every time I turn it on, the date and time is transported back to the factory configuration. 
I knew there were a few, old jpeg art files on it, so yesterday, I plugged it up to charge the temperamental battery, and hoped it would stay alive, and survive a log-on to AOL. The goal was to email the files to myself. 



I found the file of the watercolor painting I’d done in 2012, and lots more. 
One wma file in particular, made me so happy. 
I prayed the file would upload (after it buffered for what seemed like an eternity), and the email would successfully send, before the laptop shut down. It took several hours, but it worked.
Then, I opened the email on my tablet, and found a website that converts wma files to mp3. 

I called Lori to see if she remembered when or where we recorded the hymn, “Because He Lives” with my friend, and wonderful pianist, organist, and composer, the late Freddye Jackson. It has to have been over 20 years ago. 

I’m so glad I persisted with the laptop. It truly is slow, and the shutdowns, mid-project, or searches are infuriating, but never so bad that I decided to recycle it, or throw it away. 

Some things really are worth keeping.🙂

#ThrowbackThursday
#nicesurprises
#hymns
#musicmatters

No comments:

Post a Comment