'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Monday, February 12, 2024

QUARANTINE LIFE: MONDAY THOUGHTS










You don’t have to have any stake at all in a thing to enjoy it. It’s nice to find the good. It’s interesting what we notice, or fixate upon. There’s an abundance of excellence, and much to applaud, but Beyonce’s Internet did its good clowning on yesterday.

I have to confess, the “Easter speech” comments were my favorites…Little Lisa had those socks. I used to get them at the Discount Mart in Eastover, that used to be J.C. Penney back in the day…but, I digress.

Art and style is subjective, and fashion choices are just that—choices. 

Do you, I guess. (These days, I’m all about comfort.) I didn’t have to go into my pocket. If you like it…hey…rock on. Ain’t nobody ask me for my opinion, although I do have one…or maybe I just don’t understand, am getting old, or am not hip to trends.

You cant get mad, though, when people laugh, don’t share your tastes, and assume you lost a bet…or your luggage. 

If the goal with some choices in attire is attention, it definitely, absolutely works. Loddie, Doddie, and Erryboddie’s still talking about that interesting choice in hosiery. 

Question is, what kind of attention do you want?


I can only imagine the time, energy, effort, will, strength, talent, creativity, and coordination skills it takes to put on a show like that. I was tired just watching…lol…gymnasts, dancers, musicians, singers, and skates, too? 

On another note,

Vocal hiccups remind us that, as much as you try and hope, every note isn’t going to be perfect. Sometimes, you gotta embrace your inner tenor, change the key, or just scrap that song altogether, and leave it to the youngsters…What singers do, is done with fragile bodies that demands rest, care, and certain atmospheric conditions in order to function at 100%…Another humbling reminder, however, is that THEY were on a global platform, being watched, while their internet, armchair critics, who lamented what a better job they could have done, were at home munching on chicken wings and Cheetos.

Amidst the spectacle, though, the golden, unmanned drum kit on stage that paid tribute to DMV’s own, ambassador superstar, Aaron Spears, did not go unnoticed. That “Caught Up” performance of his, is unmatched. We heard it.

Bravo, Usher…and errybody.


#respect 

#superbowl 

#halftimeshow

No comments:

Post a Comment