'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

QUARANTINE LIFE: WEDNESDAY THOUGHTS

“Just clear a path”, I thought yesterday. “You might want to order from Door Dash”. I figured surely there was a conscientious dasher with a Hummer out there somewhere, happy to deliver comfort snacks.

I bundled up, grabbed the shovel and broom, and went outside again all bold, like I was really gonna do some damage.

I finished ONE pass, then heard a voice say, “Okay. That’s enough for today. You are not 25 anymore, AND you have soup left. Eat that. You don’t need to spend any money”. (Welp. It’s official. I’ve morphed into my Mom.)

I met my new neighbor, who’d ventured out, told her how much I’d appreciated her son’s help cleaning my car the other day, and asked about the road conditions. “Oh, it’s alright” she said. “But that doesn’t mean YOU need to be out there”. She didn’t have to tell me twice…lol

She kindly asked if I needed anything, too. Of course I joked about popcorn, and she said she’d remember to get some for herself and me, too, when she went out again. (Did you get that? She admonished ME to stay at home, but SHE was going out again. I DO love my elders. Just when you think you ARE one, they make you feel like a kid again.)

The snow is still pretty. I’m loving looking at the scenery, but it’s deceiving. What looks like ice cream, clouds, and marshmallows is heavy and as hard as bricks now. 

I woke up this morning to scraping noise, laughing, and voices outside. Somebody was breaking up the ice that I couldn’t. When I looked out of the window, the walkway I’d tried to tackle, was clear, and the small mountain that was behind my car was gone.

I don’t know who the happy young angels/elves are who finished the shoveling job this morning, but thank heaven for them. 

A sistah was just gonna let the Sun do the rest. 












No comments:

Post a Comment