'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

CAREGIVER DIARIES: ENCOURAGED

I was awake earlier than I expected, considering what time I fell asleep. I would pick last night to see what was going on with my hair. It, like me, could use a little relaxation. But, like me, I haven't done it...but I will...relax that is...me...not my hair...I like it's natural state. It's all over the place, but it's strong. I want to feel stronger, too.
 
Even though it was chilly and rainy, and I was going to a funeral, it was nice to get out this morning. (I love the way the air smells when it's raining.) 
I've come to expect that there will be a message just for me from everyone I meet when my schedule is suddenly impacted, and I have a reason to be out of the house. 
I dialed in to a conference call and the speaker was saying, 
"If you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride." 
Even my Lyft drivers and a clerk at a store I went to, spoke of the importance of remaining cheerful and positive.

Clinton Sherrod's eulogy for my friend Stephanie's mom, was definitely for the living, and particularly encouraging for me. 
I heard:

"People are going to mistreat you. You don't have the energy, or the time to treat them like they treat you. Giving is not a burden...Love is the only thing that can cause us to advance. You can not put a limit on Love... If you need help, I'm STILL going to help you...You can't love people when you're in fear... Love with all your heart, whether they receive it or not...It's just who you are...If there is any hope of the world ever changing, there have to be good examples on Earth. Everybody can't be a crook...
You wake up in the morning and before you know it its evening. Time is moving fast."

It surely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment