'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, July 16, 2015

PLAQUEMINE IS A LITTLE LESS SWEET


One of Plaquemine, Louisiana's wisest seasoned citizens, my dear aunt Marion Washington, lived 90 years. She was an outstanding wife, mother, neighbor and friend. She loved God and her church, and was one of the tidiest and most discerning and honest people I've ever met...She didn't abide messiness-- the clutter kind, or the kind that busybodies bring.

I love this photo of my Mom and 3 of her 4 siblings. My Uncle Woody on the far right, and my Auntee Marion, in the middle, were her in-laws, but were the type of in laws I'm sure every married person would hope for. Mommy loved them, and we knew, by their words and actions, that they loved us, too.
My uncle, Van Washington, (we affectionately call him Boo--and he's the reason why I love popcorn) is my Mom's only surviving sibling. Call his name when you pray, as well as my cousins, and childhood, summertime playmates, Lisa and Frances and the entire Washington, Mitchell, Nelson, Honor, Askins, James, Hamilton, and Trusclair families. 
Plaquemine is a little less sweet now. A lot of love was shared there...and to think that I saw it on Mulberry (and Meriam) Street.




No comments:

Post a Comment