'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ACCIDENTAL GARDEN


When I finished a slice of one of the tastiest watermelons of the summer, I quite randomly washed off the seeds and tossed them in a pot of soil--and forgot about them.
Weeks later, I decided to re-pot a piece of another plant. I scooped the soil out of the pot into another container so that I could put the roots of the plant as deeply in the pot as I could. Then I replaced the soil and watered it.
The other day, I was quite surprised by what I saw made it back to the kitchen to water the plants there. The watermelon seeds had sprouted.
"Okay. Now what?" I said to myself.
I guess I'll just watch and see what happens. I'm pretty sure a bigger pot, or a plot outside will be in order very soon.
I just finished a bowl of very tasty cherries.
Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment