'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Monday, November 22, 2010

MAKING PICTURES













I remember the time I had no love for computers--until I realized I could use the technology to draw and paint. I still don't have a MAC. I still like using the paint accessory on my PC. From the first time I used the mouse to make a line, I've been hooked. 
I looked at the acrylic and the watercolor paper. I looked at the pencils and drawing paper. I really do love putting pencil or pen on paper, but I decided to work on the computer instead. Perhaps because it's faster. It's definitely less mess. Still, I won't ever put my pencils or crayons down.
I finished the drawings. I had so much fun completing them--even did three different backgrounds, and added designs. I picked Adinkra symbols that I thought best communicated the relationship between the couple I was capturing. I sent the files to shutterfly.com, then ordered one large print, and two small ones. I had them forwarded and was so surprised when I got the e-mail that the prints had been produced and were on their way.
I'm always a little antsy about creating art for others. There's always the possibility that they won't like it, and I'll have to start all over again. If I don't like it, that's just what I do, and I learned a long time ago that there really are no mistakes in Art. It's nice when there's freedom to create, though, and it's nice to hear, "I like what you've done. Thank you." I still think I'll do a pencil drawing, though...just because.
Happy Monday. That's it. That's all. Feeling grateful...: )

No comments:

Post a Comment