'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, November 28, 2010

11th CHAPTERS AND 28TH VERSES

Today is my 50th birthday, and I'm grateful. Last night I was surrounded by family and friends, and I was-- and still am, happy. I have raised the most thoughtful daughter and feel so blessed to have her in my life.

Just out of curiosity this morning I looked for the Bible verses that corresponded with today's date. I admit I laughed at some ("pick up your carcasses...wash your clothes"...I was moving a little slow today, and do have clothes to wash...lolol), but was encouraged and even challenged by others. I love the Lord so much for letting me see this day.I
 don't know how people make it without Him...: )

Here are the passages I found:

"While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, in the land of his birth." Genesis 11:28
(How ironic)

Anyone who picks up their carcasses must wash their clothes, and they will be unclean till evening. These animals are unclean for you. Leviticus 11:28 (Everything is not for me.)

Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses’ aide since youth, spoke up and said, “Moses, my lord, stop them!” Numbers 11:28
(I suppose I could speak up more.)

"...the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. Deuteronomy 11:28
(I definitely won't take this one lightly.)

"The king of Ammon, however, paid no attention to the message Jephthah sent him. Judges 11:28
(Paying attention is a good thing.)

"Now Jeroboam was a man of standing, and when Solomon saw how well the young man did his work, he put him in charge of the whole labor force of the tribes of Joseph. Kings 11:28
(Doing a good job has benefits.)

"...Ira son of Ikkesh from Tekoa, Abiezer from Anathoth." 1 Chronicles 11:28
(I'm going to find out who they were.)

"...in Ziklag, in Mekonah and its settlements". Nehemiah 11:28
(I'm going to find out where this is.)

"Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf. Proverbs 11:28
(Leafy..love it.)

"The king of the North will return to his own country with great wealth, but his heart will be set against the holy covenant. He will take action against it and then return to his own country. Daniel 11:28
(What's the point in having anything and not acknowledging where it came from?)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
(...and He has done just that.)

"By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you authority to do this?" Mark 11:28
(Wow. I could go all day on this one...lol)

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." Luke 11:28
(I believe it.)

"After she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,” she said, “and is asking for you.” John 11:28
(Sisters...gotta love them.)

"One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world. (This happened during the reign of Claudius.) " Acts 11:28
(After last night, if a famine breaks out, I have a year's worth of popcorn...maybe more...lol)

"As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs..." Romans 11:28
(Amen)

Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup." 1 Corinthians 11:28
(So true...nothing to play with)

"Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches." 2 Corinthians 11:28
(Lord, bring your churches and leaders back to your Word alone, Amen.)

"By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel." Hebrews 11:28
(I love how God has covered my Lisa!)

It's been a lovely day...: )

No comments:

Post a Comment