'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

YOU NEVER KNOW

You'd like to THINK you know what you would do in any given situation. That confidence fuels your criticism, name-calling, and fun-making.

Someone has a bad day and we pounce on them like hyenas. It's a bit arrogant, unkind, and presumptuous. It's easy to take cheap shots at people, ignore their humanity, or declare what they should or shouldn't have done. 

We're good at declaring, "If it was me...., but you really don't know. No one knows.
I don't know...okay...except in the case of Beyonce's split-second change in the choreography. I know I wouldn't have done what she did. I wouldn't have helicoptered my arms, jumped up from that thigh-straining, low squat, and continued dancing. There would have been no "almost" in my story. I would have had a full-out, great, Humpty Dumpty splatter-all-over-the-stage fall. I would have suffered contusions, swelling, sprains, breaks, lost a heel, tripped two of the dancers, rolled off of the stage, and landed face down in the grass somewhere near the 50-yard line. Lord only knows where the wig would have been. 
Today, there would be Bengay, rubbing alcohol, Tylenol, crutches and tears. This I know
#goodsave  
#everybodyaintable  
#shedidthat

No comments:

Post a Comment