'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Saturday, December 26, 2015

SCENARIOS: CUSTOMER SERVICE

If I recommend you to a barber I like, who's just opened a new shop, pick you up, take you to the barber's shop, wait while you are served, bring you back home and you say nothing, I will assume you were satisfied. If two days later, after you've told everyone you could think of about your horrible experience, you phone me and angrily complain about your terrible, lopsided cut and uneven sideburns (lament the unreasonable cost of the cut, and regret the tip you gave; then you berate me about taking you to someone shady, accuse me of not doing my homework; accuse the barber of being unprofessional, careless, shiftless, slow, unskilled, inattentive, amateurish, talkative, and in need of more training), and I apologize, pick you up (again), and take you to another barber so he can fix what you said the recommended barber broke, I certainly wouldn't expect you to call me three weeks later and ask if I'm going to get a haircut because you want to give my barber another chance. Huh? Wait... What???
If I had any sense, or loyalty to, or respect for my barber, I absolutely would not consent to take you to his shop ever again. I would not allow anyone to break the personal or professional spirit of someone I like, and whose work I approve of. You don't get to slander someone and then expect them to be happy to see or serve you! If he's such an incompetent  loser barber, why on Earth would you want to go and sit in his chair again--let alone get a cut? Why? Just WHY? So you can have something else to complain about? Did you forget the last disaster? Did you forget the words that came out of your own mouth? Can't you imagine the look on the barber's face when I walk in with you? Can't you see him bristle? I might permanently lose my turn in a chair! It would be reminiscent of the Soup Nazi from "Seinfeld" only with hair! "No cut for you!"
If you phoned me, I'd tell you, "No. I don't think that's a good idea. He's got plenty of clients who like his work. Maybe you'd better go somewhere else."
Just the fact that you phoned me would inform me that you either delight in finding fault and being condescending, your arrogance is off the chart, you have some cognitive issues going on, are fickle, lied in your assessment, don't have any other way to get to any barber, or you have burned barber bridges with the help of that fiery, filter-less tongue of yours-- and maybe you should consider rocking some dreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment