'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, February 13, 2014

THURSDAY THOUGHTS: JOB 37:6













Snow is a great equalizer...even an agent of improvement. 

Last week, I wished that I could convince Dennison's Nursery/Landscapers, or some local company to adopt our condominium community. 
Landscaping students need somewhere to practice, don't they? 
There's been so much damage done, as people have repeatedly used the lawn as a shortcut, and trampled the grass so often, that only unsightly dirt patches remain in some places. 
Now, when it rains, the dirt runs down to the entrance of the gate and collects there, causing every foot to track mud up the walkway and into the building. 

As a 4ft. mound of over 100 bags of stinking garbage, broken household items and furniture, left there on Monday, was finally hauled away last Wednesday, even more damage to the lawn was evident.

Thank God it's cold. I never thought I would hear my springtime-adoring self singing the praises of Winter.
 
I was searching the internet for the best grass seed for high traffic areas. I was considering buying a rake, a shovel, bulbs, and some red bricks, and channeling my late mother's gardening skills.
Yep. I was gonna take matters into my own hands. 
I like looking out of the window. I believe beauty can be there. Beauty isn't just reserved for other neighborhoods. It can be found in Bellevue, too. 

The workers at The Colonnade Apartments have the right idea. Every day, they're picking up trash. 
Like clockwork, they're tending the lawn. 
Early this morning, a worker used a snow blower to clear the sidewalks and walkways. 
I wanted to pay him to cross the street, as we waited for contractors to arrive to clear our walkways, but patience paid off--and they're doing a fine job.

Last night, it snowed. 
It was an answer to an unspoken prayer. 
The lawn is beautiful today. 
Everyone's lawn is beautiful, today. 
Maybe something miraculous is happening underneath the snow. 
Maybe by the time it melts, there will be some recovery. Maybe people will care. 
Environment matters--inside and out.

"He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour."
 ~Job 37:6. 

I'd like to think he did it just for me.










The quiet was disturbed a little after 2 PM. 
I guess some neighborhood kids were suffering from a bout of cabin fever, and decided that underneath my window was the best place to yell, scream, and build a pitiful snowman. 
Oh well. 
The pristine snow was nice while it lasted. 
The beautiful white blanket I'd admired all day was trounced. 
It had covered all of last week's ugliness, and in a matter of minutes our lawn was an eyesore again. How does one mess up snow
I temporarily turned into a crabby old woman; even considered how unreasonable I was being, but still hoped for more snow to cover the lawn again. 










I heard the weather reports. 
I've imagined that the real reason it's snowing again tonight is because, like any determined community leader committed to fighting blight; like a business owner painting over graffiti on a wall, the Lord is gonna continue commanding the snow to fall until the air we breathe is clean and fresh. 
It's going to fall until certain unsupervised little darlings (who apparently didn't have enough snow in front of their own houses), and uncaring adults understand they don't have to destroy beauty when they see it. 
Things CAN be clean, picturesque, and tidy in the 'hood--especially snow...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment