'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Saturday, July 13, 2013

SATURDAY THOUGHTS : "KTVU, Noooooooooooooooo!"

 So....well...umm...just look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo

Me: Okay. That is NOT funny AT ALL.
Me: Then WHY are you laughing so hard? Stop it!
Me: I am SO mad at myself for laughing. I know better...I'm sorry, but that was... Lord, please forgive me. I know better.
Me: Then why are you STILL laughing? 
You need to repent RIGHT now.
Me: *snicker*
Me: Once again, they were so busy trying to be the FIRST to report, that no one bothered to verify! What makes news outlets think that people don't prefer ACCURATE information? 
We can wait for the truth. 
I PROMISE you we can! 
SMH...That makes no sense....VANESSA, STOP LAUGHING!!!
Me: I'm sorry...really I am. Whew! I need some kleenex. *crying*
Me: I can't even believe you....SMH...
You know what? Grow up. I'm through with you.... Go ahead. Just get it all out.... Are you done?
Me. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!....
Okay. Whew. 
*sniff*... 
Okay. 
I'm done...
*sniff*

When I got myself partially together, I visited the "How Stuff Works" website to see if there was some name, some explanation for the phenomena I was experiencing, and there is
There's a reason why we laugh at things that a part of us considers hilarious, while another part is fiercely attempting to demonstrate maturity and good manners. 
There's something, concerning laughter, called "The Incongruity Theory". 
According to David Brain, it "suggests that humor arises when logic and familiarity are replaced by things that don't normally go together". 

Read for yourself: "What's funny?"

I needed an excuse; an out; a reason for the depth of my laughter. 
I'm ashamed to say how long I laughed at that clip. Every time I think about how articulately and authoritatively the reporter said "Bang Ding Ow" I still tear up. 

I'm sorry...again, but in the words of Larry the Cable Guy, "I don't care who you are. That's funny right there."...not the tragedy, of course, certainly not the tragedy, just the tragic, careless way that news outlets often handle information, and end up having to apologize profusely (which might strike viewers as funnier than the original blunder ).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment