'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, July 12, 2013

FRIDAY THOUGHTS: INSPIRED



I went to the movies with a friend to see "20 Feet From Stardom"-- AGAIN. 
I'm encouraged, inspired, and a whole host of other things I can't articulate, and I'll probably go and see it again. I enjoyed it just that much.

I had a studio session today. 
I always love the opportunity to record background vocals. I could do it all day. It's like a holiday. It's fun and challenging, and, for me, is the culmination of all of the wonderful experiences I've had, and lessons I've been taught--directly and indirectly. 

I liked what Cindy Mizelle said: 
"I can be a chameleon...you can change up...you're never bored."
Sheryl Crow's opinion resonated: 
"To me, there's no more heavenly instrument than the voice."

I took Carolene's advice, and scribbled notes this time. Looking at the notes made me laugh. I'm surprised I can read them. 
I bought popcorn this time, too. 
The first time I saw the film, I was simply too moved to eat. Me not eating popcorn at the movies is a big deal.

The way each person's story wove so intricately with those of others, was stunning.  
The film left me with the feeling that somebody else gets it. Somebody else understands the wonderful feeling that comes with blending your voice with the voices of others. 
Somebody else sincerely insists it's not about money or fame.
 
I felt myself cheering for everyone who participated in the film; praying that they'll all persevere, and never lose their genuine love for what they do. 

Seeing the montage of Lisa Fischer singing 4 part harmony was, for me, a great, unforgettable moment in film. 

I absolutely agreed when she said, "I love melodies. I'm in love with the sound vibration, and what it does with other people...I just want to sing."

I'm going to sleep, feeling so grateful for the unselfish way that others share their stories to motivate and inspire others.


#bgvlife
#artmatters
#musichelps
#musicheals

No comments:

Post a Comment