'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

AAAH...THE STUDIO

I think I like session singing most of all...To everyone who has afforded me the opportunity, Thank You. I could start naming names...You know who you are...Thank you. God bless you AND your descendants. I LOVE IT. I don't tire, I don't want to eat, I don't have to sit...Just give me some water...The process fascinates me, but I'm not touching anything except my headphones. I will not be responsible for expensive equipment...lol...It's more fun than an amusement park. There's judgment, but the environment it's safe, stress-free, honest, and focused. No one cares how you look, or what you're wearing. You're comfortable. You have to be. You're singing. Why be restricted, constricted, or miserable?
The sound--the music-- is all that matters. It is after all, the principal thing. Sometimes we get so caught up in minutia that we forget, people don't look at music, they listen to it. If there's a demand to be made, place it on the sound. Don't do anything that will negatively impact the sound. Don't wear out the equipment--or the people using it. Maybe that's why there's so much window dressing in some genres--to camouflage and distract listeners from the soulless, trite stuff that would assault the senses without it. 

The pre-production for "Anthology" is going nicely. The 23rd will be here before we know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment