'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, September 17, 2010

NOTES FROM THE WORKPLACE


"I was gonna leave, but when your boss starts saying things like he's got plans for the company's future and he sees you in them, it kind of makes you want to get just one more thing done."

I was so impressed when I read this. Good work ethic, integrity and efficiency are alive and well--or at least the mind to consider them. 
So many are on social networking sites all day, while at work, bemoaning the work they have to do. Yes. One's place of employment can be a source of frustration. These days, however, it would seem to be a good thing to be thankful that one has a job at all. That sentiment flies out of the window on a bad work day, though. 

I don't know what it is about Fridays at a workplace. The goal is to get to the end of the day, and jet out of one's place of employment with all deliberate speed. The writer of the note could have done just that. She could have left assignments to be completed another day, and showed everyone the back of her overwhelmed head. But she didn't.
Not long after I read her message I saw another one from someone else. "God, I hope my boss leaves early". 
I laughed.
I hoped the "boss" wasn't scrolling on the same social networking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment