'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Monday, August 2, 2010

LEARN


Every day there's a lesson played out
And every day there's a victim splayed out on a stage
"I didn't know I thought I could change it"
"I didn't know it would be this way"
"It wasn't like this at first"
"I don't understand why I'm hearing such evil today"

Had you paid attention to someone else's yesterday
Your now would be free of such hurt
It's not experience that teaches best
It's what's already happened to him and her

So learn, just learn
There's nothing new under the sun
Just new players
Who think they're immune to what's been done

The difference between now and then
Is that few knew where, how or when
But now that there's so much to see
We should be wiser you and me

So learn, just learn
Take the wisdom from others and run
Take the grace that will certainly suit your case
Don't repeat the harm that's been done

No comments:

Post a Comment