'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, August 26, 2016

YARD GARDEN

The little plot of hard, dry ground beside the garage, that no one paid much attention to, was host to grass, weeds, rocks, and clover. When the grass was mowed, the weeds would be whacked, leaving a bit of an eyesore. My mom used to be the gardening bunny and I can't remember what she'd planted there. Perhaps, since it was so close to the kitchen door, she'd had an herb garden, or mustard greens. There was a reason why it wasn't paved. Something used to grow there.

Since the last three watermelons we enjoyed were chock full of black seeds, I decided to take advantage of the heatwave, break up the ground, plant all of the seeds, and see what happened. Now, I'm looking at that plot, and the bigger one in the back yard, every day. I still have to transfer three potted plants to the yard. I don't know whether there will be any fruit this year, but the beautifully shaped leaves are so much nicer than what was there before. 
#brightenthecornerwhereyouare

No comments:

Post a Comment