'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Saturday, June 3, 2017

SATURDAY THOUGHTS: IT MATTERS HOW YOU TREAT OTHERS













First thing this morning, quite out of the blue, someone tried to drag me into an argument. 

They've been trying to rattle me for a long time, and I hate to admit, it took me a while to see through them and discern their ways. 

I had such respect and high regard for them at one time. 
Now, I simply feel sorry for them. 

I noticed, not only how they treated me, but how they treated others
They were shady. 
They'd say one thing to one person or group, and convey an entirely different narrative to others. 
The way they would explain away the things they'd said, made you think: either your ears stopped working, or you'd lost your command of the English language.
 
They didn't seem to mind lying, and when caught in a lie, always wanted to change the subject, or shut down the conversation. 
They always had a lame explanation, or declared that their words had been misunderstood

I noticed a pattern of them pitting people against each other. They'd been very successful at it, because others respected them, and believed their word, too. 
No one was bothering to either confront them, or compare notes with others.
 
I noticed constant fault-finding, tactless speech, and non-constructive criticism of people who were kind, competent, and helpful. 
I noticed how personal their attacks became if they were corrected or challenged. 
I noticed how envious they were of anyone who actually used their brain, and hadn't succumbed to being yes-men. 

I started making mental notes, and severely limiting what I shared with them. 
I didn't want to believe what I was seeing and hearing, but it was, and always had been there.

I thought about the words of the late Maya Angelou: 
"My Dear, when people show you who they are, why don't you believe them? Why must you be shown 29 times before you can see who they really are? Why can't you get it the first time?"

The individual was looking for an argument and I gave them one. Their shock was positively comical.
I am the least confrontational person I know. 
I hate arguments, but something in me said, "It's time to fight back--not with tears or defensiveness--but with the plain ol’ truth. Don't be weak or sheepish. Speak up, and shut this madness down once and for all".

It's sad when people are so determined to find fault in you, others, and well...EVERYTHING. Why? Fault is certainly there, but what's with the need to celebrate and point out the flaws in others? Is it just to make oneself feel better? 
When some people can't find what they're looking for, they'll manufacture stuff, and then expect everyone to answer to, and explain it! 

The person had the nerve to try and trot out the Bible when they realized they were not gaining a foothold, or intimidating me. 
Wimpy Vanessa was nowhere to be found. She seems to have made a departure right around the time AARP tracked me down and made me a card-carrying member.

I'm grateful for everyone who ever advised me to hone good documentation skills. People can't argue with well-organized facts and figures, and I had them. 

I can't believe they tried to come at me, and then drag God onto the road when their argument crashed! 
What makes people think they can use the God you love against you to shore up their irrational words and behavior? Give me a break!

I don't care if you LIVE in the church ATTIC, and are there every time the lights come on, don't say ANYTHING to me about the Bible; do not reference it, quote it, use it for points, as a defense OR weapon if you have a habit of 
lying, 
ingratitude, 
constant complaining and fault-finding, 
sowing seeds of discord among your friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances, 
and are as mean and hateful as a rabid DOG.

Don’t quote scripture to me if you don't EVER have ANYTHING good or pleasant to say, and delight in mistreating and upsetting nice people for SPORT. Just LEAVE baby, teen-aged, adult, and resurrected Jesus OUT of your conversation before your teeth fall out, and your tongue turns into a frog! Just put the Good Book down SLOWLY before your hand spontaneously explodes!

Google--it might be safer--and look at that list of things God hates ONE more time. Perhaps you missed something. It covers MORE than the big three--sex, drugs, and alcohol--and WHO CARES if you're abstaining from stuff you CAN'T do anymore, or stuff you know would KILL you? Nobody is passing out Super Christian prizes for THAT!

It matters how you treat people!!!!

HOW...YOU...TREAT...PEOPLE...MATTERS!!!!!!!!!! 
You can't just go around starting stuff, bullying, hurting, using people, and being a freaking, inconsiderate, entitled NUISANCE, and not care or be aware of how your words and behavior impact others!!!!! 

YOU CAN'T GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF RELIGIOUS, DENOMINATIONAL BACKWARD, AIN'T-NOWHERE-IN-THE-BIBLE FOOLISHNESS, AND REFUSE TO TOLERATE IT ANOTHER MINUTE!!!!!!! 
HOW do people just go through life being mean, CROOKED, messy, selfish, and strife-loving but have the nerve to want to evaluate OTHER PEOPLE'S faith??????

It matters how you treat people. 
I CANNOT say it enough!!!! 
I don't know HOW people forget that; just gloss over that, and think they're on their way to Heaven! 
The devil is STILL a liar!!!! 
You can't just TALK this thing-- for show-- on Sundays to people who have constructed neither a hell or heaven for you to occupy. You gotta LIVE it, and NOT according to your own concocted, performance-based plan!!! 

GOD is God--NOT YOU!!!!!! Invest in a mirror and NOT a microscope AND TELESCOPE for everyone else!!! 
You've GOT to know that you are PISS POOR PITIFUL without God's constant help.
 
So WHAT if people are impressed with your grasp of scripture, your flowery prayers, the amount of your tithe, and your sharp clothes and shoes, if you treat people like crap Monday through Saturday? 
God is monitoring you, too, and knows VERY well who is, and ISN'T repping him properly. HE is not fooled or asleep...AND I'VE SEEN HIS WORK. KEEP ON MESSING WITH PEOPLE. YOU'LL SEE IT, TOO. 

Some people OUGHT to be SCARED about the abominable way they treat and speak to others. HOW do they have the nerve to walk into what they deem God's house and act like God takes HIS cues from THEM? 

We must remember: PEOPLE DO WHAT YOU ALLOW!!!!!! 
So, it's time to stop allowing some things, and in the words of one of my favorite fictional characters, Barney Fife, "Nip it in the bud!"

Hallelujah, and O Happy Day for those who are discerning and wise. 
Do well at whatever task your hands are assigned to do, and before fakes come at you to justify their weak positions, or to control and manipulate you, YOU search the scriptures. 
Don’t ever argue with a fool, but don't EVER be afraid to speak the TRUTH.

#YOUBETTERMIND 
#rantover #thetruthshallmakeyoufree

No comments:

Post a Comment