'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Friday, March 17, 2017

FRIDAY THOUGHTS: POETRY PROMPT---I SING

Singing Series , Digital Art Vanessa Renee Williams 2017



How easy to hide

And hold on to the ease of it

But who would grow?

Who could find the peace I found

When some soul was brave enough to share their voice with me?

So,

In spite of what is most unsettling

I sing



How easy to run away

And hold on to the joy of it

But who would know?

Who could find the key I found

When some soul was brave enough to share their voice with me?

So

In spite of what is most discouraging

I sing



I thought it was just for me

A little bit of hope

A bigger dose of free therapy

Nothing else, except maybe my pencils and paint

Even came close

To allowing all the me there was in me

To cry, to speak, to laugh, to scream

I thought it was my own

The healing, happy part of

The great grace my God had shown

How generous He was

How did he know?



So, with eyes closed

I fought to keep a handle on my battered heart

Protect the only untouched part

And in spite of what is most devastating,

I sing

And sing

And sing


No comments:

Post a Comment