'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, March 5, 2017

CAREGIVER DIARIES: A TIMELY WORD

Perhaps it was no accident that I entered the kitchen when I did. The television was on. I wasn't planning to sit and watch. I was about to prepare dinner. The TV would just provide the usual background noise. What I heard, however wasn't noise, so I sat down in time to hear the end of a local pastor's sermon. I appreciated the brief, but encouraging pep talk.

 "You've got to learn how to call on someone who has expertise better than yours...When you call on 'em, you've gotta relax and let them handle it...I know you are rushing trying to get somewhere, but as long as you're with the pilot, you don't have to worry...If the pilot is chillin', then why don't you take a chill pill?...It wasn't until I got over what was, that I could open myself up for what God was about to do next...What I'm going to gain is going to be greater than what I lost--what I thought I had..." 
~Rev. Delman Coates, 
Mt. Ennon Baptist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment