'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, January 19, 2017

TO VIEW OR NOT TO VIEW

I don't know how many times I've received posts and messages about how I should use my television on inauguration day. Some say turn it off. Some say watch the History channel of Food Network. Some say even if I don't watch, just don't tune into mainstream media. I immediately went to snopes.com. http://www.snopes.com/change-channel-on-inauguration/

We cannot afford to be misinformed--not yesterday, today, and definitely not tomorrow. We've got to stop alarming one another. STOP clogging inboxes, mailboxes and message centers with incorrect, useless, ineffective information. We're ALL on the internet here. Just because someone you respect, trust, love, or like posted it, doesn't make the information true. Use your own brain and hands. Take a second and check for yourself. Don't just blindly share stuff. When you get it, use your search engine FIRST. 
"Better safe than sorry" is a nice mantra, but many urban legends, rumors, and flat-out lies would die if we'd stop reviving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment