'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Sunday, January 8, 2017

FIRST SNOW

There was a time when I wanted no parts of cold weather, snow, or Winter. You couldn't pay or convince me to go out if the weather forecast was bleak. I've never been a fan of falling down either.  Snow was one of those things to be appreciated from the comfort of one's home while sipping something chocolate. 
Yesterday, I didn't let the snow deter me. I saw it falling and accumulating with no end in sight, but hit the app anyway. I checked to see if the event was cancelled. It wasn't. I had no excuse for not enjoying the day. The generous blessing courtesy of a delightful woman's 98th birthday was lovely. I'm so happy I went outside. Everywhere I looked, even in usually mundane places was stunning.
Maneuvering Pleasant Prospect Road was a challenge, (The lesson: All it takes is one fearful person ahead of you to stop, slow down your progress, and cause you and everyone behind you to lose momentum and go backward.) but I made it to my destination and had a wonderful time. My LYFT drivers were so courteous and were extremely safe. One even had apple Jolly Ranchers! (It's the little things.)

My grandmother used to say, "Follow your first mind". Mine said, "Enjoy the beauty." 
It really was beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment