'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, November 10, 2016

DREAM JOURNAL: MOMMY

In my dream last night, my mother was so fit! She even seemed taller and younger. Her hair was pulled up in a bun, and her skin was radiant. 
She was wearing a silky maxi dress, and carrying a bundle of white laundry as she quickly walked through the family room of the basement. 
I don't know if they were towels or sheets, but they were gleaming. (They reminded me of the immaculate way she'd always kept our home.) 

As she headed up the stairs, I could see the "V" neckline of the back of her dress, and wondered if she'd made it herself. 
The seams were perfectly straight and evenly spaced.

She was so beautiful!

Then she said, without stopping, "So. Where are the brown shoes you were going to give me?" 
I answered, "Brown shoes?" 
Then I remembered the sandals I bought online this summer. I've only worn them once. (They really do look like the style of shoe she would have worn. They're kind of narrow, too. I have to remind myself to let my cousin Frannie try them on the next time she stops by.) 

I removed the shoes out of the pockets of the shoe bag, then rushed to the bottom of the stairs to catch her, but she seemed determined to get the bundle where it belonged. I couldn’t catch her!
I started to say something as I extended one shoe, but I couldn't get the words out. I thought she would turn around, but she reached the top of the stairs, and headed down the hallway.
Then I woke up...

I really miss my Mom. 




IN MY DREAMS

In every dream, she’s graceful and smiling
She’s always busying herself with one thing or another
But she’s free and happy

She moves as if nothing is hindering her
There is no sign of stress
No worry
No fear or pain

She is radiant and strong
Her voice is cheerful
She is healed and whole
She is flawless

She never stays for long
But it is always wonderful to see her
In my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment