'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

TODAY


I saw a brother walking down the street
Gesturing and rapping like he was on stage
So caught up in his rhymes; not 'stud'n me
Just dealing, in his way, with snow and rain

A lady walked as if the sky was clear
No umbrella, no hat, no gloves, or boots
And now I wonder if she wished she'd had those things
And wondered how we passersby could be so cruel

I saw people running for a bus
Others shouted for the bus to wait
The only other sounds, the traffic made
The playground was too wet for kids to play

I walked, too as if I didn't have a care
I went out into the cold so purposely
To breathe the air, to move, to think
And get some popcorn before the freeze

(Thank you, Elmira Grocery for being there.)
 
"You know you really don't have to go back in", I thought
I strolled back; took a good look at my home
A lady said, "Hello"; a guy said, "Hey"
I'm not sure why I was so glad they spoke

It's something how the snow can change your view
How your own views change so much as you grow old
I hated Winter's guts when I was young
Today I volunteered to brave the cold

No comments:

Post a Comment