'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, November 4, 2010

WAKING THOUGHTS

It's raining today. I love the way the rain makes everything appear so much more defined and clear. The grass looks greener. The buildings take on different hues. The streets seem to shine.
The sound of cars passing on the streets make it sound otherwise, but it's a gentle rain that's falling today. The leaves are falling, too. One tree is almost empty of its yellow leaves. I see burgundy and orange and brown overtaking the green in other trees on my street. Perhaps I missed the height of the fall colors last week while I was away, but there's still much to see and admire. Still, even though it's a little chilly, it's beautiful outside.
I appreciate the opportunity to see each season change. For me, it's one of the countless reasons to believe in a great God. I mean, who can orchestrate this kind of splendor and beauty with such precision? There never seems to be any struggle--no argument or hesitation. Each season begins and ends like clockwork, giving us not so much what we want, but what we need. There are so many lessons, I suppose. The changing of the seasons teach us, among other things that:
Things change which demand that you adjust.
Harsh conditions exist, but don't last.
Beauty can always be found.
Be prepared in the event that the atmosphere tomorrow is drastically different from today's.
Try to find the good in every situation.
Sometimes what seems to be an inconvenience is actually a tremendous blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment