'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FOR MY DAUGHTER

I remember when I painted the picture. I'd always wanted to paint my baby, and learned that the best time that she was the most perfect model, was when she was asleep. She's not a baby any more. She is quite a remarkable young lady, and I couldn't be more proud. I watched from the window one day as she drove away. I thought about how independent she is. So focused and determined. I can't thank God enough for the child he gave to me.


AS I AGE

(For My Daughter)


Sometimes I feel the child I've raised

Is leaving me behind
It seems that she's exceeded me
In strength, and heart, and mind
So focused and determined
Aggressively does she
Move through life with purpose
Boldly taking on each deed

Sometimes I feel just like a tot
Crying, "Wait for me!"
"Wait! Let me catch up with you!
Let me go with you, please!"
And then I remember the prayer
I prayed once, as she slept
Everything she is today
Reflects a promise kept

God has so endowed her
With all I lack and more
She's everything I hoped she'd be
His child and so much more
I asked him to protect her
And cover her with grace
I asked him to surround her
And guide each day she faced
I asked him to please keep her
Speak always in each ear
Carefully map her every step
Remove all doubt and fear
And He has done just as I asked
So why am I surprised?
When I look at my dear child
I see God in her eyes


copyright 2010 VRW

1 comment: