'Be anxious for nothing..." ~Philippians 4:6

Thursday, September 2, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS

1.The Anita Baker concert at Wolf Trap was fantastic. Hearing saxman Gerald Albright that night was an absolute treat.
2.I had never heard of Vance Gilbert. I'm a new fan. I especially like the song "Unfamiliar Moon"
3.Daniel Moore's performance at Blues Alley was phenomenal. When he and Tony Walker did an impromptu piano duet of "What's Going On" I was smiling so hard my face hurt. The Terence Blanchard shrimp wasn't bad either.
4. I was so grateful to hear good music; so grateful that people still make good music.
5. I downloaded new music from Raymond Reeder, Yanna Crawley, and 21:03. Love it.
6.There's an exhibition of the work of the late Lois Mailou Jones at the National Museum of Women in the Arts in October. I can hardly wait.
7. Clydes restaurant at Mark Center has a pretty good cream of crab soup.
8. Stash premium raspbery tea is a new favorite.
9. Richard Smallwood with Vision will be participating in the Kennedy Center's Open House on September 11....and according to a commercial I JUST saw, Verizon's How Sweet the Sound Competition at the Verizon Center will be favored by guests Smallwood, and angel number one, Maurette Brown Clark.

10. I'm an official fan of the Jack LaLanne power juicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment